For all you with a BlackBerry Z10 on the Verizon network or even other networks we have some good news for you today. Looks like the very popular Whatsapp Messenger has been updated to version 2.9.4662.0 which allows the app to work on the older numbered OS that is on the Verizon Z10 device.
This is big news as many Verizon customers were unable to see WhatsApp in BlackBerry World because the OS had to be 10.0.10.xxx and as you are aware we still have OS version 10.0.9.422. Now as you see in the app description it still says you still have the wrong OS version but don’t worry it will work on your Z10.
For all of you that already have WhatsApp installed here is the changes in this latest update:
- Added many context menu actions to chat messages and contact items
- Added “Add” and “Block” actions to chats with unknown contacts
- Added “Email Conversation” feature to the chats list context menu
- Improved Send Location feature
- Various bug fixes, including blocked contacts, profile photos, and contact status
- Added languages – French and Italian
I’m not a WhatsApp user myself but it’s great to see the developers fixing a issue so fast to allow the Verizon customers to use the app as well. Still no word on when we will get the latest OS release from Verizon but at least WhatsApp was listening. So if you have been waiting for this app to work on your BlackBerry Z10 or already have it then head over to BlackBerry World and download/update it now.