- · One key differentiator for the BlackBerry PlayBook is its true multitasking capabilities, allowing you to run multiple applications at the same time. The BlackBerry PlayBook ships with a default setting that allows some applications to stay active in the background until another application goes full screen. In other words, the current application will suspend when you launch another application, but this can be changed to allow all applications to run in the background. Go to the General section in the Settings menu (swipe down from the top bezel while in the home screen or tap the gear-looking icon in the top right corner of the display) and change Default to Showcase. Your BlackBerry PlayBook apps will then continue to run even after you’ve navigated away from them!
- · When you’re within an app you can swipe down from the top bezel to access menu items and other options.
- · When you are within an application, swiping diagonally from either corner of the top bezel reveals the main status bar, showing the time/date, battery status, Wi-Fi connection, orientation lock, and other settings.
- · Swiping from the bottom left corner of the bezel pops up the virtual keyboard.
Web Browsing Tips:
- · When viewing a site, pinch to zoom or double tap for a better look. To zoom out again, just repeat the process.
- · You can enable private browsing by swiping down from the top bezel, and selecting Options, followed by tapping Privacy & Security. Inside this menu set the Private Browsing switch to On. When your PlayBook is in private browsing mode, nothing is saved as the browser only stores your history and other information temporarily. The information is deleted when you close the browser.
- · If you’re in the browser and you’re trying to enter an address that doesn’t end in “.com”, simply press and hold the “.com” button – this will bring up a menu with the following extensions from which you can select: “.net”, “.org”, “.edu”, “.gov”, “.ca”, and “.biz”.
Did You Know?
- · The BlackBerry PlayBook utilizes the tap and hold gesture for copy, cut and paste.
- · Password Protect your BlackBerry PlayBook: To set a password on your BlackBerry PlayBook, head to Settings > Security > Password. You can also set the length of time before the screen locks in stand-by mode.
- · The BlackBerry PlayBook features a micro-HDMI connection to connect the tablet to an HDMI-ready display. You can utilize the connection to view photos and movies on your HDTV or to turn your PlayBook into a presentation tool.