Looks like it is going to be a very busy year for RIM later this year and Q1 of 2013. According to BGR, RIM is set to release two BlackBerry 10 devices, two curves and a HSPA+ BlackBerry PlayBook.
Roadmap should be as followed over the next 15 months:
- RIM plans to introduce two new Curve smartphones within the next few months: the BlackBerry Curve 9230 and the BlackBerry Curve 9320. The 9230 will be an EDGE smartphone and the Curve 9320 will be an HSPA device.
- While we don’t have confirmation on the size, we have heard that RIM will introduce a new PlayBook tablet with 1.5GHz processor, built-in HSPA+ 42Mbps cellular data support and NFC around May or June.
- RIM’s BlackBerry London is still on track for a September launch.
- There is now another BlackBerry 10 smartphone in the works that will launch as part of RIM’s Bold series. The phone features a touchscreen display and QWERTY keyboard, and it is planned for a December release.
- A QWERTY slider running BlackBerry 10 has been talked about for the first quarter of 2013.