Hub Browser, a new app developed by Tundra Core Studios, allows the user to open a link within any app and (more specifically), the BlackBerry Hub, allowing the user to be more productive on their BlackBerry 10 device.
The idea for this app is quite fascinating. I would have expected BlackBerry to have come up with something like this. Whilst it doesn’t bother m too much when a link leaves the app proceeding to open the Browser, the idea of opening a link within the Hub peaks my interest. The app will cost you $0.99/£0.75 which will unlock all features, yet those features are unknown. The app is also said to work with Android apps which is an added bonus.
The app is exclusive to BlackBerry 10 and features:
- Forward and backward navigation
- Sharing capabilities in the simplest form (just the title of the page & the URL)
- Refresh the page
- Desktop Mode
- Full screen mode
- Scrolling to the top and bottom of the page
- Ability to add the current URL to the homescreen
- Copy link
- URL bar to access other websites and search Google
- Find on page functionality to find specific terms
- Open the current URL in the stock BlackBerry 10 Browser