Okay folks, here’s a little holiday treat from BlackBerry Empire and the great folks at Runisoft, 1000 FREE copies of their Ultimate Backup app for BlackBerry 10 devices. That’s right we said FREE!! We all know that BlackBerry Link has issues from time to time (it has definitely improved though) but with Ultimate Backup we no longer need to rely on Link to backup. By using this app we now have so much more control as to what, and where, we backup our BlackBerry device.
** Headless application with auto Backup functionality **
** Built for BlackBerry. Which means this app meets BlackBerry’s high standards for quality and performance. The signature BlackBerry 10 experience. **
Ultimate Backup is an all in one Backup Solution for the BlackBerry 10 devices.
It can backup and restore the below contents. If the backup is scheduled, it would automatically run in background and backup below components to the cloud:
- SMS and MMS
- Recorded Voices
It can Backup to these components below:
- SD Card
- Phone Memory
Ultimate Backup can backup and restore the SMS, MMS, Contact, Remember, Calendar, and entire phone. It can also send an email to you with the backup file as an attachment automatically. If you specify Dropbox, OneDrive or Box, the backups will be automatically to them.
Not only that, it also includes a Scheduler which runs in headless mode and it can automatically backup the SMS, MMS, Contacts, Remember, Calendar and all other phone items at a specified time. If Dropbox, OneDrive or Box is specified for the backup, the backup will be automatically to them by the in-built scheduler. Using this robust method, the SMS, MMS, Contacts, Remember, Calendar and all other phone’s items will always be secure.
It supports various other functionalities like viewing SMS/Contacts/Calendar/Remember from the backup file, searching any SMS/Contacts/Calendar/Remember Events in the backup files and replying to the SMS of a backup file from within the application itself. Not only this, it also imports and exports the SMS in XML format. Using this XML the SMS can be restored to any smartphone device or could be restored from another device as well.
Below are the features:
- Backup SMS, MMS, Contact, Remember, Calendar and all of the phone’s components to a SD card, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box or phone, and then you can restore easily.
- Send the backup files to any email address of your choice (for SMS, MMS, Contact, Remember and Calendar).
- Delete all SMS/Contact/Calendar Events from device in a single click. This could be useful if a clean restore is required.
- Search SMS/Contact/Calendar/Remember in any of the backup files. The results are displayed in a list. Also, the reply could be done to the SMS from the application itself. For contacts, the calls can be made on the numbers that are displayed.
- View all SMS/Contact/Calendar/Remember items from any of the backup files.
- Support for multiple email accounts. Now you can select which email account the email should be sent to.
- Export SMS in XML, CSV and HTML format. Using XML file the SMS can be restored to any smartphone device easily.
- Import SMS from XML. Using this feature the SMS can be restored from any XML file that is generated from an external device.
- Backup Contacts in VCF, CSV, CBKP and HTML file format. VCF format file can then be used to restore the contacts to any other mobile device as well.
- Backup Calendar in VCS, CSV and HTML file format. Using VCS format all calendar events can be imported to MS Outlook at once.
- Export selected contacts to the VCF format.
- SMS/Contact/Calendar/Remember backup in HTML format. You can now preview the SMS/Contact/Calendar/Remember in a web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, etc.
- SMS/Contact/Calendar/Remember backup in CSV format. Now you can preview the SMS/Contact/Calendar Backup file in MS Excel also using the CSV format file.
- For SMS the email sent will contain the sbkp file, XML file, HTML file and CSV file of the backup.
- For contacts the email sent will contain the VCF file, cbkp file, HTML file and CSV file of the backup.
- For calendar the email sent will contain the VCS file, HTML file and CSV file of the backup.
**There are various types of notifications supported. These include Vibrations, LED Notifications and Music Notifications.
The developers have let us know that sometime this week there will be a free update that will add a email backup feature into this already great app, so be on the lookout for that.
The update that the developer told us about is now live in BlackBerry World. Everyone should be seeing it soon. Here’s the change log:
- Export emails from all accounts to Dropbox/OneDrive/Box/SD Card/Phone memory
- Export emails from select email accounts to Dropbox/OneDrive/Box/SD Card/Phone memory
- View all emails from a backup file
- Forward an email from backup file
- Search in backup files of email
As you can see Ultimate Backup is absolutely great. It allows all of us to backup pretty much everything and then let’s us decide where those backup files go. I’m big on loading the latest OS on my device and this app allows me to restore only the parts of the backup files that I want, no more having to hope BlackBerry Link will work properly. In fact, Ultimate Backup allows for a much more personalized backup than BlackBerry link ever will, and that’s something many of us have been asking for.
To grab your FREE copy of Ultimate Backup for BlackBerry 10 just follow these simple instructions:
- Open up BlackBerry World from your device
- Swipe down from the top
- Tap on the “Redeem” tab
- Enter UBBACKUP1
- You will then see the normal price change from $2.99 (or whatever it was for your area) to FREE. From there just tap on that free tab and start the download process.
Please remember this promotion is only for the first 1000 downloads of the app using the above code, so don’t wait too long to grab your copy. Also, once you download the app and check things out, please leave a positive comment for it in BlackBerry World. You can also join Runisoft’s BBM Channel C003C76FC or there Facebook page for other freebies as well as info on their other apps.
Be sure to hit up the comments below and let us know you thoughts and opinions on Ultimate Backup.