Now that the software update has been rolled out to both unlocked devices and devices from carriers, BlackBerry has pushed out several updates to their applications. For now there are updates for BlackBerry Services, BlackBerry Camera, BlackBerry Launcher, and BlackBerry Keyboard.
You can learn more about these updated applications below :
- BlackBerry Services – WhatsApp notification integration.
- BlackBerry Camera – Support has been added for widescreen photos (16:9). Performance for the camera app has been increased significantly, bugs have been fixed and stability has been improved. Indicators have been added for HDR and low-light scenes, and improvements have been made to Peek Preview, auto-focus and capture optimization.
- BlackBerry Launcher – Just some minor enhancements and improvements to stability have been made.
- BlackBerry Keyboard – You can now use prediction and correction for up to three languages at the same time. Emoji prediction is also possible, the ability to use the SHIFT key to toggle the number row to show symbols in password fields has been implemented, the sensitivity of the cursor movement on the physical keyboard in Cursor Control mode has been increased, and there are 20 new input languages, including including Ukrainian and Belarusian.
- DTEK by BlackBerry – You can now turn on notifications for all apps at once. Notifications can be turned on by information type: location, microphone, camera, etc.
A DTEK update is still expected, so keep your eye out for it at the Google Play Store.