It seems as though the rumors were true about T-Mobile rolling out Wi-Fi calling to their BlackBerry Classic smartphones. The carrier has rolled out a new software update that introduces the feature in the headset, T-Mobile announced today.
Starting September 30, the BlackBerry Classic will have a software update to BlackBerry OS version 10.3.2.2789 / software release 10.3.2.2514. This update provides features and improvements.
To update your BlackBerry Classic to BlackBerry OS version 10.3.2.2789, please follow the steps below :
- From your BlackBerry Classic’s home screen, swipe down from the top screen and select Settings.
- After, select Software Updates followed by Check for Updates.
- A software update should be available if the device’s OS has not already been upgraded. Select Install.
- Agree to BlackBerry’s license agreement (you should read it, but it’s necessary to agree to proceed).
- Once the download and installation processes are done, select ‘Yes’ to restart the phone.
Before upgrading your handset’s OS, please make sure that your device’s battery life is 50% and has a decent amount of memory for the update package to be downloaded to the smartphone. You may be prompted to use Wi-Fi if there are problems with your data plan.